Monday, February 2, 2009

Barthelona and Switch Blades

1/30

You know those faucets that you press down and you wash your hands until they turn off and you have to keep pushing it down? Yeah, that was how our shower worked.

Today was a full day of Gaudi- saw a bunch of his crazy architecture along our street and then headed to Parque Guell (I think that’s what it’s called) which is a huge park with more crazy Gaudi architecture, it was beautiful! An easy place to spend a good two hours without realizing it. Then we hopped on the metro to go see La Sagrada Familia, which is a cathedral that Gaudi started but was never able to finish and is still not finished. But it could possibly be one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever seen, and something I can’t use words to describe. We were able to walk around inside and I took tons of pictures (hopefully I can put those up soon).

Snack/dinner of Paella! It was delicious and such a Spanish meal, I had to do it. Except I couldn’t brave the entire shellfish they put in, and I mean the entire body, so I stuck with the vegetables. Took a siesta (I love this), and relaxed until a little before midnight and headed out for the night. In the other hostel our friends were staying in there were some girls from England who ended up coming out with us and they guided us to this dance club on the pier- so much fun! Except we wanted a real Spanish club and they kept playing all this American music! And not like current music, they had a Grease medley, cotton eyed Joe and Golddigger. Plus some 80’s of course. So odd, yet so much fun. We were the hit of that club.

Left to go to a different club and we were passing by their hostel so we decided to stop in and go to the bathroom and while most of us were inside, two of the girls with us were still walking around and two guys came up, one grabbed one of their arms and the other flashed a switch blade. Ummm yeah we decided it was time to call it a night. Nothing happened but we decided it was the safest idea to just head back and go to sleep. Kate Harris (best friend from home for those who don’t know) was in Barcelona, since she’s studying in Paris this semester, so I was gonna go meet her but because of this knife incident I couldn’t get to her! So sad, I’m so mad we were in the same place in SPAIN and we never saw each other. So we headed back around 330 to get a couple hours of sleep before getting up to catch our flight back to Cadiz. Sadly, our Barcelona trip was already over. I can’t wait to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment